Statistics for Processes
Statistics are essential for designing, controlling, and improving processes. Fortunately, using statistics is much easier than most people believe and works from only 3 validation batches up to really “Big Data“.
Statistics – practically:
Sound expertise in statistics combined with practical experience and objective-oriented pragmatism gets you nearly everywhere.
It’s about bringing transparency into problems and making the unseen visible in your processes. We boost product reliability based on facts, you simply were not aware before.
- Analyze correlations between process settings and yield, leading to reduced scrap rates
- Visualize and monitor the variation of your processes to enable fast validation, simple deviation management and increased credibility during audits
- Continued Process Verification (CPV), Ongoing Process Verification (OPV), Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Optimum parameter setting e.g. with the use of Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Systematically identify root causes for product failures with Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Understand your product performance and weakness in early development phases
- Setting Tolerances – building on customer needs instead of process capability
We adapt the most helpful statistical tools to meet your needs. And help your organization to achieve maximum benefit from this.
Hundreds of potential influence factors and no clue which might be guilty for the production losses?
As traditional statistical methods came to their limits we successfully helped to increase yield using Data Mining and Machine Learning approaches by 5%.
At a global Food producer we provided training and implementation support on Measurement System Analysis to ensure lab test methods are accurate, precise and stable. Thus, the trained team became role-model for the company’s European and Middle-Eastern division.
When a medical devices company tested their upgraded surgical system used for life-saving operations, previously unknown system crashes occurred. Building on Design Of Experiments (DOE) as a powerful tool for determining specific factors affecting defect levels in a product we supported the client’s team of experts to identify the cause of the failure.
We designed and implemented Continued Process Verification (CPV) at a mid-sized pharma manufacturing company to improve quality KPIs while meeting regulatory requirements. Training and coaching involved all employees applying statistics. The results showed the most efficient ways to save time, led to a deeper understanding of processes, improved cross-functional collaboration in investigating root causes and ultimately led to real business outcomes such as reduced deviations and scrap.