The House of Quality (HOQ) is the first step in a series of mappings between The Voice of The Customer and The Voice of The Process. It is a matrix correlating VOC with CTQs and uses weighted relationships to document the strength of the correlation.
- Priorities (weights or ranks) are added for each VOC
- CTQ priorities are determined from VOC weights and matrix relations
- Target values are added for each CTQ
- The characteristic “roof” documents interrelations between CTQs
- Often a competitive assessment is included